Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Incredible Edible Egg...

Image via Dreamy Whites


This past Saturday, I woke up in a panic.....
How, I thought...How did I become "THAT MOM"? 
Where, when and how did I become the Mom that completely forgot about her absolute favorite holiday... Easter??

So on Monday morning, I flung the Monster on the Yellow Bus and quickly dashed off to our local Target to pick up all things chocolatety and jellified!
I practically had to fight off a couple of mothers with a stick for
a coveted bag of Hershey's eggs..

Quick question...
Why are Mothers bringing their children to the Easter aisle to pick up candy? 
I will never understand this...

I am hoping that my child will be just like my dear friend Heidi's son, who lives in Hawaii and still in his 20's asks her to send him an Easter basket... 
Magic is oh so important..no matter what age!

Anyhoo...This year the Monster and I are going to try some of the "scientific" ways of dying eggs...
  I always LOVE a good tea stain!!
Found via Craftster

Naturally dyed eggs from Two Men and a Little Farm...
Check out their fabulous chart below!

Better Homes & Gardens have also hopped on the Natural Dyed Train as well...

And..
From my all time favorite blog...
A mixture of grape juice and vinegar left overnight..


So this Good Friday, since the Monster is not in school...
We will be dying eggs and Eastering this house up..
We don't want that Bunny to think we forgot all about him!

What are your favorite Easter traditions?

2 comments:

  1. Love all those natural dyes! We almost always had two Easters–one "regular" and one Greek Orthodox, and I loved all the traditions of the orthodox celebration, from making tsoureki to dyeing all our eggs red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherished childhood favorite is the Homemade Easter Bunny Cake. Yet my adult favorite is that it is the most casual of holidays. Meaning, um, let's say it is super nice outside after a long winter and you go to the church of the pines (play golf) with friends, decide to have drinks in the afternoon sun and you don't get in trouble for being 3 hours late for dinner - now that's a holiday.

    ReplyDelete