Image by Stephanie Williams for Ruche
What is it about butterflies that simply touch your soul?
This Spring, I planted some extra special Bee Balm & Veronica just in time for their Summer arrival....
At the Island, the milkweed had overtaken the Hay fields...
So...a couple years ago, some decided that it was time to spray and rid the fields of what they think is a noxious weed...
So the Monster and I headed over there (crossing our fingers)
in hopes that this year we might just find some Monarch Butterfly eggs and caterpillars..
What we learned was...
that Mother Nature is very persistent
(and had obviously heard our wishes)
and never EVER gives up the good fight..
She not only brought back the healthiest batch of milkweed this year
THE largest selection of Monarch caterpillars & eggs
the eye could see...
A few beetles having some...ahem...fun
Some serious acrobatics..
No leaf unturned...
Almost time for chrysalis...
Giving Old Glory a nod on our way out...
All images by Chocolate Creative Design
In honor of our winged friends who give us such immense joy throughout the summer..
A few Butterfly friendly finds...
1. Vintage Mottahedah Sacred Bird & Butterfly Plates at Replacements
2. Backyard Butterfly Garden Dress at Modcloth
3. Nine West Walkhard Sandal at Endless
4. Vintage Butterfly Glasses at Tias
5. Vintage Butterfly Brooch at Snow Flower Pie on Etsy
6. Batesian Sandals at Anthropologie
7. Columbia Road Wallpaper at Custhom
8. Andy Warhol Butterflies at Room & Board
9. Dresden Gold Foil Butterflies at 32o North