Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dueling Designers...Part Huit...


Image found via Flickr

The Dueling Designers are back once again and this time, the Lovely Miss Amy Graver of Elements Design, chose Pantone 196c in honor of a Valentines Day Party.
Miss Graver knocked it out of the park this time by creating a board filled with mood and emotion that evokes all that is romantic.

I can't believe that I am going to admit this but I really am not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. Maybe it's the pain of hearkening back to a day when you hoped and wished and prayed for a Valentine. It was like getting picked for kickball all over again..."please god, don't let me get picked last!!" 

I am very lucky now..I have a wonderful husband and three sons to be my permanent valentines...But it wasn't always like that..

In High School, my roommate ALWAYS received dozens upon dozens of roses EVERY Valentine's Day. Coming back to our room after class was like walking into a flower shop. It was unreal...
But one year, there were roses waiting for me...Really?!

Always a mystery, never a name but they always came....Even when I left for college..they followed me..

It took me a while to figure it out..It wasn't Prince Charming but rather an amazing friend..

So..Even though Valentine's Day isn't my favorite Holiday...It does make me think of one of my best friends...who never allowed me to give up hope...

 Happy Valentine's Day Colie!
This board's for you!!


Elements Design












Chocolate Creative Design


Craft Image found via paper pastries, Pink Door Image found via, Ruffle Dress image found via vi.sualize.us, Swirled lollipops image found via stylempretty
Suitcase and perfume image found via weheartit, Painted stair image found via weheartit. Heart pins image found via Flickr, Powder Puff image found via MargaretandJoy, Kiss Image found via weheartit, Mailbox image found via weheartit
Roses image found via decor 8, Cupcake images found via weheartit, Tulle image found via this is glamorous, Champagne image found via pinterest

5 comments:

  1. I never had a single valentine (or even a date!) through all highschool! But life is making up for it now in spades with the wonderful hubby I have :) Fantastic inspiration boards!

    Cheers!
    Hope Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous boards! That shade is the perfect pink for Valentine's Day, and for parties with your girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhhh i like this!! can i play in the next duel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you lovely ladies!! Have a GREAT weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gaaaaaaaaaaaaah! i'm in valentine's day inspiration bliss!

    ReplyDelete