Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Now We Are 8........

Image by Chocolate Creative Design

Now we are 8...
You have lost 7 teeth. We can wear the same size socks. You can read,write,add and subtract. You are too heavy to carry to bed. You are only 1 foot shorter than I. You are faster, stronger and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

But you still hold my hand, tell me that I am the best mom ever, and snuggle with me every night.

So I guess...
That is why 8 is still so great...

Happy Birthday my sweet Monster, the light of my life and the
one who will forever make me want to be a better person..
I love you..a bushel and a peck.

Now lets eat some chocolate cake!

5 comments:

  1. you've certainly found your voice, mama. beautifully written and obviously spoken from the heart. HAPPY happy day to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! The monster and colie cole are a day apart. Ugh. The pressure is mounting! I have to write as good a post as this? Good luck to me! You brought a tear to my eye again this year. How do you do that? Big hugs to the birthday monster. Save a piece of that cake for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh happy birthday to the little man! so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this little guy, he has blessed my life and now that he's 8 it's time for that ride on the ferry to see Auntie Egg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post, and a wonderful little guy! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete