Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Now you are.........

Image found via weheartit
Added design elements by Chocolate Creative Design

Ever since I was born, I have known that you have wanted a real live elephant.  

You told me stories of your Grandfather, who went hunting in Africa, found them and brought them home as trophies for his wall. They come in all shapes and sizes and are often found wandering around your house. You have taken us to every zoo and circus in the world, always stopping first to find them. You packed us up when I was 12 and flew us to Africa in search of the 'REAL" ones.

Needless to say, you have made them a part of your world as well as mine.

Since elephants don't forget and ladies don't reveal their age....
I can discretely say that you are having an elephant sized birthday this year.
I had ordered a real one from Africa for you...
He was ready to go..donned with a bow and a balloon..
But have you seen Customs lately?

Sorry to say he won't be making it this year.
BUT
Maybe an elephant hug would suffice!

Happy Birthday Mom!
I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love love this! What an incredible little story to your mom, and the image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest post! A very happy birthday to your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post, and happy birthday to mom!

    ReplyDelete