Monday, June 11, 2012

a little glitter to start your week....

Do you ever have those moments when you have FINALLY decided on which direction you want to go in when designing a room and then all it takes is one accessory to make sense of it all?

Well I did with this fabulously glorious Sailendra Pillow from Anthropologie...

For quite sometime, I have hemming and hawing about our guest room, or shall I say "Auntie Egg's Room"?

When the room was first built, the Tall One chose "October Sky" for the walls..which is a very very light peachy pink...
(personally I think he was hoping for that little baby girl to add to our brood). With the softest bed you can imagine and a shell chandelier (and the only t.v. in any of the bedrooms) it has often become my refuge or "woman cave". But sadly it has become the room of misfit furniture and therefore lacks no rhyme or reason...

Enlisting the help of my dear friend and stylist guru, Miss Heidi H, we started to pull images for what I like to call a Pink room for a Grownup-
Bohemian Rhapsody style.
It's not easy...as working with various shades of pinks, oranges and corals can definitely sway into the land of tiny princesses...

But with these images in mind, I know it can be done!!

Image via Pink Wallpaper

 Image via This is Glamorous

Image via Beach Bungalow 8

 Image via Inspired Design
Image via Elle Decor


or
do we go with some utterly fabulous grasscloth???

Image via Tobi Fairley
Image via Lonny

You know us Wasps don't bleed red...we bleed coral...

The possibilities are endless but luckily with my Anthropologie find and Miss Heidi's help we can whip up some gorgeousness in no time...

Stay Tuned...

1 comment: