Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy Weekend!!!!


 Image via Chocolate Creative Design

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

WOW...it has been one absolutely fabulous week..
In fact.. the week has really been like a weekend!!

On our way back from the Green Mountains last Sunday, we dropped
off the Monster at his Grandparents house to spend a week with them, his Aunt and his 3 cousins.

For him, A week long vacation playing baseball, swimming in a pool, Lego camp and just plain horsing around with the boys.

For me, a week long vacation not being a Mom, having a clean house, spending time with friends, spending time with the Tall One and not making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

This was the first time EVER in 9 years that he and I have spent this much time apart.
I know that every Mom out there truly understands when I say that we dream of this moment each and every day is purely an understatement!

But guess what...
I want him back.
I miss his face.
I miss his singing.
I miss his Solid Gold dancing.
I miss his crazy skipping.
I miss his Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom dioramas all over our yard.
I miss his giant flip flops, underwear, shorts and shirt strewn in a pile by the door in Houdini-esque fashion
I miss his footsteps in the hallway upstairs.
I miss those long legs contorted in any which way on the couch.
I miss his hugs.
I miss him telling me a thousand times a day that he loves me.

Tomorrow is the day that I get to be a Mom again and scoop him up (with great difficulty) and shower him with butterfly kisses.

I guess I have learned that it's definitely a necessity to take a vacation from life..
but 
it's just as important to realize how good the life you have is!

Love you Little Monster!!

Stay Safe, Take a Vacation and Have a Great Weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. SO SWEET ... you will be in bliss very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..I hear you lady! It's all so true, you want time to yourself but you also miss them like crazy!

    ReplyDelete