Friday, March 11, 2011

Smiling Frogs...


Every year at this time, since I was a wee little girl, our family made the pilgrimage to visit my grandparents at a tiny oasis located in the middle of Florida. Being the Spring/Summer person that I am, it was like heaven when we stepped off the plane into the balmy night air which was infused with the scent of orange blossoms. When Morning broke, I jumped into a newly purchased sun dress (always with little brother in tow) and zoomed in the golf cart to the Colony House for a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit or orange juice. Once inside, and ALWAYS using our inside voices, was a sea of color. Corals, Pinks, and various shades of Green were splashed everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE and even on anyone...including a fabulous shade of coral on the tanned ladies lips who lunch.
It was such a nice departure from the cold damp winter and drab depressing landscape of the Northeast...Everything was alive...
It was a place where adult women wore smiling frogs on their skirts.

Since the passing of my grandmother, March is no longer the time of the pilgrimage to Florida. But it still lays inside me like a bird flying South for the winter...completely instinctual.
Recently, I found the MOST fabulous dress that my grandmother and the members of Mountain Lake would definitely approve of...
Perfectly sweet, perfectly colorful and most importantly perfectly appropriate.
If only I had a 26" waist this beauty would be mine in a heart beat...
But it can be yours...
For a little bit of Florida love you can find it at

1 comment: