Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Weekend!!


Happy Weekend Everyone!!

For the past few weeks, I have watched (slyly from the window) The Monster take his sled out and zoom over stone walls and stone steps at moc speed. Fortunately no head injuries and all teeth are still intact (for now)!

Late last week, when I had a little oral surgery and was feeling lousy, I saw him wander with dog and sled in tow into the woods...
Many minutes later, there was a knock at the door..
There he was, standing outside with a grin from ear to ear and a sled filled with sticks of all shapes and sizes...
"Mommy, I got you wood to make a fire so you could feel better"

So I couldn't help but giggle (and tear up a little) when I found the image above..
Only thing missing..a waggily tail...

Starting at 4 today, school vacation will have begun and you will probably see hoardes of children with sleds in tow...

We are super excited as we get to spend some quality time with Auntie "Egg" who is "awesome" as "she works with the Judge to put bad guys away".
Imagine...a WOMAN without a cape and tights that protects us and puts the bad guys away...How wonderfully this world has changed!!

Stay safe and warm!!

2 comments:

  1. There were too many wonderful things about this post-my heart feels so full and happy! Hope you guys have been having a terrific weekend!

    xo, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope you are feeling better. Addie has been petting my back, bringing me blankets (and struggling under their weight to heave them on top of me on the bed) and brushing my hair. She even brought me the play medicine bottle from her doll kit and instructed me to "open up" while she pretended to empty the eye-dropper into my mouth. She keeps inquiring "Are you feeling better, Mama?" and lays next to me. I hope our kids carry this compassion for others with them always. It warms my heart! <3

    ReplyDelete